Monday, May 7, 2007

Tribue to W.C.W.

I really enjoy the poetry of William Carlos Williams. I find it simple yet complex, a quality I'd like to achieve in my own writing. To that end, and to amuse myself while I should be working, I have written the poem below, a tribute to the infamous Williams poem, The Red Wheelbarrow. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Wheelbarrow

The Silver Tercel

so much depends
upon

a silver
tercel

rusting with the passing
years

upon the darkened
drive

Copyright © Catherine Young, 2007

2 comments:

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for stopping by Poetic Alchemist. I enjoyed the poems you've posted n your blog. I, too, like Williams. He gave much to the poetic tradition. He innovated with style, which was important. Some of his poems, as you say, are so simple, but powerful. Keep up your writing. Good for you.

Catherine said...

Thanks, Don. I appreciate your kind words and encouragment!