Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A few lines going nowhere fast

I really don't have a specific method for writing. Things just pop in my head and I go for them. Sometimes a set of lines, or a specific word just show up in my brainstorming, and I procede from there, building a poem around them. I have these two lines that I have been trying to work with for the last couple of days, and I'm going to post them here, and then post a poem that contains them later. We'll see where they go. I've tried a few times to contain them in a poem, but I'm all over the place in terms of the rest of the content. So, I'll post the beginnings of what I have. Here they are:

I, the penitent Magdalene -
you, the finger exclaiming "whore"

I feel like these are the last two lines of a poem....I just don't have that poem. Ha ha. Oh well. Later.

No comments: